What Can I Recycle?
South Coast Recycling offers recycling for all of the items listed below. For any item with a dollar sign ($), we offer cash payment upon receipt:
- Deposit-bearing bottles $
- Wine bottles and glass jars
- Plastic bottles $
- Aluminium cans $
- Steel cans
- Food tins
- Milk and juice cartons $
- PVC plastic
- Egg cartons
- Paper, newspapers and magazines
- Film plastic eg plastic bags
- Scrap metal $, including:
- Stainless steel
- Cast aluminium
- Electrical cables
- Electric motors, batteries, radiators
- Scrap metal (no cash paid) including:
- Steel (including car bodies and whitegoods)
- Whole cars (without LPG cylinders) – Victor Harbor only
And if you’ve got any lying around, we also recycle gold!
What Don’t We Recycle?
Unfortunately, our recycling depots cannot accept the following:
- Silage wraps
- Gas bottles
Got a question about items for recycling? Call or click here to contact us.
Need a Pick-Up?
Pick-ups are offered for larger volumes of bottles and cans. We currently offer a pick-up service to over 200 local businesses such as pubs, clubs and restaurants. Pick-ups can be made daily if needed and refunds are paid monthly. New pick-ups are welcome. Contact us to set up an account.
Recycling Tips To help make your trip to one of our depots even faster (and help us out, too!), please do the following before your visit:
- Take the tops off plastic bottles
- Flatten cardboard
- Wash out milk containers
- Don’t crush cans too much
- Keep your recycling products separate.