South Coast Recycling offers recycling for all of the items listed below. For any item with a dollar sign ($), we offer cash payment upon receipt.
- Deposit-bearing bottles $
- Wine bottles and glass jars
- Plastic bottles $
- Aluminium cans $
- Steel cans
- Food tins
- Milk and juice cartons $
- Egg cartons
- Paper, newspapers and magazines
- Film plastic eg plastic bags
- Scrap metal $, including:
- Stainless steel
- Cast aluminium
- Electrical cables
- Steel (including car bodies and whitegoods)
- Electric motors, batteries, radiators
And if you’ve got any lying around, we also recycle gold!
What Don’t We Recycle?
Unfortunately, our recycling depots cannot accept the following:
- Silage wraps
- Gas bottles
Got a question about items for recycling? Call or click here to contact us.
IT’S YOUR MONEY – GET IT BACK
When you purchase items in bottles and cans in South Australia, you automatically pay a 10c deposit per piece, so when you don’t bring it in for recycling, you’re losing that money. It was yours to begin with – get it back!
While 10c might not seem like much, when you think about all the bottles and cans your family uses in a month or a year, the total really adds up. For instance, if your family recycles just 24 bottles and cans per week, you could get receive $125 a year. You wouldn’t throw away $125, would you?
Plus, bringing your recyclables to us has additional benefits over waiting for your monthly kerbside recycling pick-up:
- You can drop-off any quantity or volume of recycling material – no limitations
- You can clear space from your home, garage or business
- You can eliminate the chances of creepy-crawlies taking shelter in your rubbish (and moving into your home)
Recycling Tips To help make your trip to one of our depots even faster (and help us out, too!), please do the following before your visit:
- Take the tops off plastic bottles
- Flatten cardboard
- Wash out milk containers
- Don’t crush cans too much
- Keep your recycling products separate.